Click for More Info
Blood tests help doctors check for certain diseases and conditions. They also help check the function of your organs and show how well treatments are working. The laboratory is responsible for providing a wide range of blood tests.
Fields of Medical blood tests:-
- Haematology – Anaemia, bleeding disorders such as haemophilia , blood clots , and blood cancers such as leukaemia , lymphoma , and myeloma.
- Biochemistry – Diabetes, Cardiovascular diseases, Liver and Kidney disorders, Minerals, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Protein, Muscle Inflammation.
- Sexually transmissible diseases – HIV, Hepatitis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Herpes, Syphilis.
- Other Infectious Diseases – Rubella, Toxoplasmosis
- Tumour markers – Breast, Ovarian ,Colon, Prostate Cancer
- Hormones – Pregnancy, Infertility, Menses Disorders, Thyroid disorders, Male Erectile dysfunction
- Immune system disorders – Systemic lupus erythematosus ( lupus ). People with lupus develop autoimmune antibodies that can attach to tissues throughout the body.
- Vitamins – Joint Pain (Vitamin D Deficiency), B12 and Folic Acid Deficiency anaemia
- Rheumatism – The immune system produces antibodies that attach to the linings of joints. Immune system cells then attack the joints, causing inflammation , swelling, and pain.
In general, the human body offers a natural defence against these microbes in the form of our immune system and helpful bacteria. However in our labs we do further tests to assess the microbial germs such as viruses, bacterium, parasites and fungi found in our bodies. This will help doctors check for certain diseases and conditions related to those microorganisms.
An infertility evaluation includes exams and tests to try to find the reason why you and your partner have not become pregnant. If a cause is found, treatment may be possible. In many cases, infertility can be successfully treated even if no cause is found. Tests usually include a physical examination, semen analysis, blood tests, and special procedures.
At Green Cross we perform microscopic examination of tissue in order to study the manifestations of disease. Our experienced pathologist will analyze the cells under a microscope to see if there are any abnormalities.
Ultrasound imaging uses sound waves to produce pictures of the inside of the body. It is used to help diagnose the causes of pain, swelling and infection in the body’s internal organs. Ultrasound done at Green Cross is safe and non-invasive.
Bone density testing is used to assess the strength of the bones and the probability of fracture in persons at risk for osteoporosis. At Green Cross we also offer further blood tests such as calcium, uric acid etc which can help your doctor give a better diagnosis.
- HIV, Hepatitis Viral Loads and other sexually transmissible diseases
- H1N1 and common flu
Green Cross has now introduced the PCR DNA technique which produces results rapidly and is highly sensitive. It can be used to detect sexually transmitted diseases and provide you with valid results the same day.
Meat, dairy products, nuts, vegetables, moulds, animal dander and many more allergens testing are available at Green Cross. We are the only laboratory in Mauritius which offers this range of specific allergy tests?
These tests will help your doctor to diagnose and assess the proper functioning of your heart, for instance it will help detect heart problems, including a recent or ongoing heart attack, abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias), coronary artery blockage, areas of damaged heart muscle (from a prior heart attack). Moreover all this are reported are reported by our experienced cardiologist.
Cervical screening (a smear test) is the best protection against cervical cancer. It detects cell changes which, if untreated, could go on to develop into cancer. It is important that you have regular cervical smears. The earlier a change is found, the easier it is to sort out.
Done to detect or exclude the presence of abused and/or illegal drugs. This may be carried out for a number of reasons including a pre-employment screen or to comply with a drug rehabilitation programme.
Your doctor will review your X-rays and the report from our radiologists to determine how to proceed. Depending on your results, they may order additional tests to develop an accurate diagnosis. For example, they may order additional imaging scans, blood tests, or other diagnostic measures which are also available at Green Cross.
As the name suggests, Home Sample Collection is a service in which our healthcare specialists will arrive at your doorstep to collect the samples. They will collect samples right from the comfort of your home. Home sample collection is especially beneficial to the elderly, chronically ill patients, patients recovering post-surgery and bedridden.
Green Cross also provides you with explanation of your results which is done by our experienced pathologist, Dr B.C Gowreesunkur and other qualified staffs. During the explanation, the doctor will provide you with expert medical information tailored to your health situation. We’ll also follow up for critical values and check how you are doing. We can answer further questions if you have them as they come up, all for free.